Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2014

National One-Hit Wonder Day

September 25th is National One-Hit Wonder Day! Bet you didn't know that.

What is your favorite one-hit wonder? I am going to post some below, but let me know if your favorite didn't make this list!
And don't be offended if you think someone here is more than a one-hit wonder. I just pulled some of my faves from a list!


  • Edison Lighthouse- Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
  • The Divinyls- I Touch Myself
  • Norman Greenbaum- Spirit in the Sky
  • Autograph- Turn Up the Radio
  • Mungo Jerry- In the Summertime
  • Devo- Whip It
  • Biz Markie- Just a Friend
  • Dee-Lite- Groove is in the Heart
  • Green Jelly- Three Little Pigs
  • Dexy's Midnight Runners- Come on Eileen
  • Bow Wow Wow- I Want Candy
  • Shocking Blue- Venus
  • Soft Cell- Tainted Love
  • Sinead O'Connor- Nothing Compares to 2U
  • Deep Blue Something- Breakfast at Tiffany's 
  • Blue Swede- Hooked on a Feeling
  • 4 Non Blondes- What's Up
  • Toni Basil- Mickey
  • Chumbawamba- Tubthumping
  • Rednex- Cotton-Eyed Joe
  • Jack Wagner- All I Need

I know there are TONS that I missed, so throw them out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment