Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fun Facts About Elbows

Well, a friend suggested that I write a blog post about elbows. And since I can write about whatever random thing I want to, I'm gonna do it!


However, I don't really consider myself an expert on elbows, so I really just scrounged around for some fun elbow facts for you all. So here you go!


  • The elbow joint connects the humerus, radius, and ulna.
  • Most common injuries are tennis elbow and golfer's elbow.
  • When you hit your "funny bone", it's actually not a bone at all. The sensation occurs when your ulnar nerve bumps against your humerus.
  • The pointy tip of the elbow is called the olecranon.
  • The elbow swings 180 degrees in one direction.
  • The ligaments connecting the bones of the elbow are the ulnar collateral ligament, radial collateral ligament and annular ligament.
And just for fun, here is a link to a list of 16 reasons why elbows are the worst things ever: 16-reasons-why-elbows-are-the-worst-things-ever

No comments:

Post a Comment